to Distant Hills Guest House
Spean Bridge, near Fort William, Scotland
A haven of tranquillity, Distant Hills Guest House is set in beautiful grounds and located at the edge of the quiet Highland village of Spean Bridge just 9 miles north of the bustling town of Fort William. Whether you want to tour and explore, walk, climb, cycle, open water swim, fish, kayak, watch the birds and wildlife or simply relax and unwind, Distant Hills provides the perfect accommodation for your Scottish Highlands adventure.
Distant Hills Guest House
Spean Bridge, near Fort William, Scotland
At Distant Hills we excel at providing comfortable and tasteful accommodation with delicious breakfasts but the real magic is in our hosting. Whether you want our insider hints and tips on exploring the area, or simply to be left alone to enjoy your peaceful surroundings, we’ll naturally tailor our hosting to meet your individual requirements. We live in separate accommodation at the end of the property, which means that all guest areas are yours to enjoy in your own space and comfort, knowing that we are only a few seconds away if you need us.
Far from any ordinary guest house, you have three fabulous choices: superb bed and breakfast accommodation ideal for shorter stays; whole house exclusive use for larger groups and family celebrations and our all-inclusive guided hillwalking holidays (April and October only).
At Distant Hills, we offer more than just bed & breakfast
- Free use of our brand new hot-tub
- A fully-licensed honesty bar stocked with locally brewed beers, gins, whiskies, wines, spirits and soft drinks
- A beautiful secluded and south-facing garden with lots of seating
- A purpose-built drying room
- Onsite e-bike rental at just £25 per bike, per day
- Lockable bike storage, bike wash, stand and servicing tools
- Offer of packed lunches
- Walking holiday packages in April and October
- Sorry, no pets
- Children aged 12 and over welcome
Our promise to you
- To give you the warmest of welcomes
- To respect your privacy and individual needs and tailor our hosting accordingly
- To offer you as much local knowledge as you need to get the best out of the area
- To keep all guest house information and images up-to-date, so what you see is what you can expect
Walking Holidays in the Scottish Highlands
In April and October
Surrounded by miles and miles of beautiful mountains, lochs and glens, Distant Hills is the perfect location for a wonderful walking holiday. Dates now live for 2023 & 2024.
A superb base to explore many of the top Highland attractions
There’s so much to see and do just a short drive from Distant Hills, make sure you book long enough. You won’t regret it!
Location, location, location!
Spean Bridge is the perfect base for exploring the Highlands
Also known as the ‘Crossroads of the Highlands, Spean Bridge is well located for visiting many of the top attractions. Whether you wish to hike Ben Nevis, take a trip on the Jacobite steam train, visit the Glenfinnan viaduct, search for the Loch Ness Monster or spend a day on the Isle of Skye, all this and more is possible from Distant Hills! Tell us what you’d like to see and do and we’ll point you in the right direction!
minutes to Ben Nevis trailhead
minutes to Glenfinnan
minutes to Loch Ness
minutes to Glen Coe
Sign up to our Newsletter
We thought we’d bring you closer to the Highlands and our beautiful Guest house by launching a fabulous new Distant Hills Newsletter. To subscribe, simply fill in the form below.
The Guest House Blog
Our News and Top Tips for visiting the Scottish Highlands
by Dani Mackinnon | Sep 21, 2023
As the vibrant greens of summer slowly yield to the warm hues of autumn, there's no better time to experience the enchanting Scottish Highlands. At Distant Hills Guest House, we're thrilled to present our Autumn Special Offer, inviting you to immerse yourself in the...
by Dani Mackinnon | Jul 31, 2023
If you visit Fort William, then taking a trip into Glen Nevis is a must. The rugged scenery is magnificent with majestic mountains towering around you in a 360-degree panorama, not to mention the tranquil running waters of River Nevis and the gushing waterfalls and...
by Dani Mackinnon | Apr 17, 2023
Ben Nevis is the UK’s highest mountain at 1345m (4413 feet) and attracts thousands of hikers, trekkers and mountaineers each year hoping to summit this iconic peak. Many of our guests at Distant Hills Guest House book to stay with us because we are just a short drive...
by Dani Mackinnon | Apr 17, 2023
Some would say that the Isle of Skye is the jewel in the crown of the Scottish Highlands, and with the opening of the bridge from Kyle of Lochalsh over to Skye in 1995, it has become a popular tourist hotspot. To explore the island fully, you need 3 days at least;...
by Dani Mackinnon | Mar 5, 2023
When you think of Scotland, there are certain things that come to mind: thistles, whisky, castles, haggis and the Highland cow. These majestic, auburn-coloured beasts with their long, uniquely shaped horns are a magnificent sight to behold and lots of visitors seek...
by Dani Mackinnon | Feb 13, 2023
Prior to moving to Distant Hills Guest House in Spean Bridge, when we thought of the Scottish Highlands, our minds conjured up images of moody mountains, shaded pine forests and the odd dark loch dotted here and there. Never did we consider the miles and miles of...
by Dani Mackinnon | Feb 5, 2023
Escape to Scotland for a stress-free walking holiday with our all-inclusive package. Stay at the charming Distant Hills Guest House in Spean Bridge near Fort William and experience the best of Scottish landscapes on our 4 guided day walks. Enjoy 6 nights of bed,...
by Dani Mackinnon | Jan 26, 2023
We have recently celebrated Burn’s Night in Scotland and this got us thinking about haggis. If you’re visiting Scotland for the first time, it might be the first time you have heard of haggis. What is haggis? Many of our bed and breakfast guests have heard of haggis...
by Dani Mackinnon | Jan 26, 2023
The latest scoop from Distant Hills The New Year is always a time for reflection and 2022 presented lots of positive change for both Distant Hills, Spean Bridge and the surrounding area. Above all, it felt fantastic to return to a greater degree of normality as we saw...
by Dave Hanson | Dec 30, 2022
‘A guest perspective’ Rain of biblical intensity fell from the sky. I sat in a lay-by in Glencoe and stared out of the window. It was a dismal sight. I turned the engine back on for the fifty minute drive left to reach the Distant Hills Bed and Breakfast in Spean...
by Dani Mackinnon | Jul 19, 2022
On Saturday 16th July we celebrated our 3rd anniversary of taking over Distant Hills Guest House, and what a ride it’s been! Always looking on the sunnier side of life, we’ll gloss over the ‘P’ word and focus on the positives. Above all, we’d like to say a huge thank...
by Dani Mackinnon | Jul 2, 2022
There are so many options for things to see and do, here are some of our favourites. Firstly, we suggest driving around Loch Ness in an anti-clockwise direction. As you drive into the pretty and popular village of Fort Augustus, turn right onto the B862 road. The road...
by Dani Mackinnon | Mar 20, 2022
Spring is in the air and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back to Distant Hills Guest House in the stunning Scottish Highlands. To celebrate Easter week, we are opening a week earlier than anticipated and are introducing a limited Special Offer – stay for 3...
by Dani Mackinnon | Mar 18, 2022
Many of our guests book to stay at Distant Hills Guest House to take a trip of a lifetime on the nearby Jacobite Steam Train. The train journey starts in Fort William and travels on an 84-mile round trip through breathtaking scenery past the UK’s most westerly train...
by Dani Mackinnon | Mar 4, 2022
Thank you for all you messages, emails, calls and support! We Won!!! What a competition and what a finale!! We could not be happier and more proud of the result. The competition was so close in every way – in our eyes we are all winners! We had so much fun doing the...
by Dani Mackinnon | Feb 1, 2022
We always said we’d never do it… Go on Four in a Bed that is! We’d watched the Channel 4 TV show once or twice before, but if we’re honest, we didn’t like how catty some of the competitors could be and neither of us enjoy conflict. Then late one Friday afternoon in...
by Dani Mackinnon | Jan 11, 2022
Walking Holidays & Adventure in the West Scottish Highlands If want to know a little more about our Distant Hills Walking Holidays and what’s involved, this blog article will give you a useful overview. It tells the story of our moderate level walking holiday...
by Dani Mackinnon | Jun 14, 2021
So much to see and do in the Central Highlands If you do a simple Google search on places to visit in Spean Bridge, you get a great choice of different activities that you can do such as take a ride on the Jacobite Steam Train or the Nevis Mountain gondola, kayak,...
by Dani Mackinnon | Jun 1, 2021
A fabulous ridge walk in Glen Coe with superlative views With fewer guests to look after towards the end of the season, Cameron and I will head out into the hills at any given opportunity. With Glencoe being less than a 40-minute drive away from Distant...
by Dani Mackinnon | Apr 26, 2021
A Picture Paints a Thousand Words When you fall in love with a place, it can be difficult to describe to others what makes it so special. It is the same for us when we try to convey to potential visitors the sheer beauty and magic of the Scottish Highlands. We...
by Dani Mackinnon | Mar 11, 2021
Discover Spean Bridge's fascinating history and visit its most popular attraction! Whether you are staying in Spean Bridge, or simply passing through, a visit to the iconic Commando Memorial is an absolute must. You don’t have to have any military connections to feel...
by Dani Mackinnon | Jul 15, 2020
Walking in the Highlands The Mighty Stob Ban and Mullach nan Coirean – a fantastic alternative to the ‘Ring of Steall’ walk With our re-opening date of 15th July looming ever closer, Cameron and I were eager to squeeze in another new hill walk amidst all...
by Dani Mackinnon | Jun 19, 2020
Walking in the Highlands The 18th June 2020 marked another day of lockdown for us in the Scottish Highlands but instead of waiting for Nicola Sturgeon’s live announcement to move into Phase 2 of her recovery plan, we chose to pack our rucksacks and head to the...
by Dani Mackinnon | May 14, 2020
FROM A SEA OF GRIEF TO A LOVE AFFAIR WITH THE MOUNTAINS… We have met so many wonderful people in recent years and they often ask how we came to doing what we do, so here’s a little more about us and our story. Our love affair with the mountains evolved from every...
by Dani Mackinnon | Feb 28, 2020
Time to get our skis on... Having been cooped up indoors for what seems like weeks on end, sheltering from Storms Ciara and Dennis, we decided enough was enough and it was time to try out the Nevis Range Ski Centre and hit the slopes for some skiing. Being...
Our Guest Reviews
Latest reviews of our Guest House
- B Y10/31/2023 - GoogleUn séjour incroyable chez Dani et Cameron ! Dani est aux petits soins pour nous accueillir, la chambre était très confortable et le petit déjeuner délicieux. Nous avons pu profiter du jacuzzi et du bar en dégustant une bière locale. Une première nuit en Ecosse réussie !
- Frank Alizio10/31/2023 - GoogleJulie and I only had the pleasure of spending one night at the Hills but first impressions are the best. The room was great, bed was very comfortable and the shower was hot, then the breakfast was amazing great job hope to return soonFrank Alizio
- Leena10/27/2023 - BookingFantastiskt på alla vis! 😀 - Bra incheckning utan personal på plats. Fantastiskt trivsam inredning, mycket trevligt med bar tillgänglig och man kunde förse sej själv och betala i efterhand, på morgonen efter. Ger gästerna förtroende - kändes mycket bra! Rummet var fräscht, trädgården utanför var också jättefin. Personalen (ägarna) var mycket trevliga, kallade oss vid förnamn. Man SÅG verkligen gästerna! Vi kände oss mycket välkomna! 😞 - -
- Melisande10/26/2023 - BookingExceptional 😀 - Distant Hills Guest House is a beautiful home in a great location. Dani and her husband were very nice and helpful and we truly felt at home. The bedroom was nice and comfortable and the breakfast (home made) was delicious !
- Isabelle Dotan10/02/2023 - GoogleWe had such a nice encounter with Dani and Cameron, they are the highlight of the place ! The house is beautiful, quiet, in a nice garden, on a quiet street and in the wonderful Scottish Highlands. The breakfast was rich and delicious. We very much recommand the place.
- Sascha Mark10/02/2023 - GoogleWe had the pleasure to stay with Dani & Cameron in May this year. Of all holidays and stays we have done traveling in the last years, Distant Hills was the most memorable experience. Dani & Cameron made us feel like staying over at good friends, just that their breakfast was three times as good! Thank you very very much for the lovely chats, good advice for walking, the amazing places you recommended to us within the vicinity and your attentiveness to ensure our well-being whenever we were around. You made our stay - and beyond - our trip truly special. All the best from the alps and see you again!
- Theresa Quontamatteo10/02/2023 - GoogleDani and Cameron were excellent hosts. They provided so much great information on what to do in the area, along with maps. Also provided places to go for dinner so we could make reservations in advance. The room is very comfortable and we had a living room to hang out in and chat with the other guests. Both breakfasts were amazing and we couldn’t have asked for anything better to get us out the door. Thank you and we will definitely come back if we get to this beautiful area again.
- Michael9/30/2023 - BookingAwesome place to stay in the Fort William/Spean Bridge area 😀 - The owners, Dani and Cameron were so kind and welcoming and full of great information of things to do in their area and restaurants to go to. Appreciated the heads up regarding reserving restaurants in advance for dinner. ￼ The breakfasts ￼ were superb, one morning was the pancakes with berries, and the next morning was a Scottish breakfast. Nice to have a living room to relax in in the evening and meet and chat with the other guests. We loved our time there, and would definitely return. ￼
- Dave H9/28/2023 - TripAdvisorStunning place to stay Can't recommend this place highly enough. Really cool, modern style and the hosts Dani and Cameron could not be more helpful and friendly! I even got a lift in the morning to the start of my hike. The breakfast and packed lunch was amazing. Definitely worth checking out, 5 stars from me
- Louise Hicks9/21/2023 - GoogleTotally wonderful. Dani & Cameron make you feel extremely welcome & very comfortable. Absolutely excellent from start to finish - lovely room, very relaxing. Choice of breakfast, cooked & served to perfection. Great view over a lovely garden & trickling stream. Hot tub & use of lovely lounge with local beer, gin & other drinks should you wish. Dani & Cameron exude a positive & welcoming vibe that really makes your stay a lovely experience. Great venue to explore locally - Ben Nevis, commando memorial, amazing walking, distillery. We even saw the northern lights!
- Geo Pad9/20/2023 - GoogleHighly recommended. Scottish hospitality and warmth were top notch. I recently had the pleasure of staying at Dani & Cameron's guest house, and I can't say enough about the exceptional experience I had. From the moment I arrived, I was greeted with warm Scottish hospitality that set the tone for the entire stay.The accommodations were cozy and comfortable, with all the modern amenities one could ask for, yet still maintaining a charming, rustic feel that perfectly complemented the surrounding natural beauty. Waking up to the sight of mist-covered lochs and rolling hills outside my window was a highlight of each day.Dani & Cameron were incredibly attentive and went above and beyond to make my stay memorable. Their recommendations for local activities and dining options were spot-on, and they were always ready with a friendly smile and a willingness to assist.
- Louise9/19/2023 - BookingPerfect stay with the best welcome, totally lovely. 😀 - Superb & lovely. Hosts Dani & Cam make you extremely welcome & comfortable. Everything about Distant Hills makes you feel relaxed. Perfect stay in a wonderful place. Very personalised & nothing a problem. Beyond excellent - real attention to the detail of looking after guests. 😞 - Nothing at all - all is lovely.
- Haggis439/10/2023 - TripAdvisorOutstanding Are you in Spean Bridge and need a high quality place to stay this is the place. The hosts are so friendly and pleasing that your stay is gonna be a memery forever. The have done everything to make their B&B top end. The house, the bar, the food, the welcome. Here you are in the best of hands no matter if you wanna relax or take a walk, the can help you with everything. Distant Hills have been one of the best B&B´s I´ve ever stayed in.
- Carolyn Andrews9/02/2023 - GoogleDani and Cam were wonderful, welcoming hosts. The house is very modern, tastefully decorated and very well equipped. They have thought of everything. The gardens are also beautiful.Our room was very well equipped, clean and comfortable.The breakfasts were delicious and we’d recommend the home made pancakes - absolutely delicious!!Distant Hills is well located to explore nearby Fort William and beyond. If we were ever in the area again we’d have no hesitation in booking to stay at Distant Hills again.
- Hanan Muzaffar9/02/2023 - GoogleI stayed one night only as I was walking the Great Glen. I wish I had more there. I’d definitely target the place for a longer visit in the future.The room was beautiful and the view spectacular. The bathroom, though small, was extra clean with plenty of toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and other needs. The living area was set up in a way to immediately welcome you to treat it as home, and Cameron and Danny made sure you felt that way. Cozy tv corner, self-service bar, and a view of a well kept backyard.
- Colin8/28/2023 - BookingPerfect 😀 - Distant Hills is a lovely property, in a good location, with excellent hosts. Not too far from Fort William, the B&B could be a great base for local walks (which they also do) or drives to the stunning local lochs or hills. Our hosts were so welcoming and friendly, we could have sat chatting with them for hours. The place was spotless and breakfast very good. We also took advantage of the hot tub & bar. Our only disappointment was not staying for longer.
- Elise8/26/2023 - BookingAgréable 😀 - Les hôtes sont très gentils et disponibles. Parking. Bon emplacement. Bon accueil et bonne communication. Joli jardin avec jaccuzi. 😞 - Lit un peu mou. Et le petit déjeuner était servi un peu tôt pour nous ..mais il était bon.
- Ann P8/25/2023 - TripAdvisorB&B punching above its weight What a magnificent find in Spean Bridge. The owners take immense pride in presenting the most immaculate, inviting property. We stayed in 6 B&B's during our trip and this was the highlight. The residents lounge overlooking the pristine garden is a beautiful place to relax along with a beer from the honesty bar. Everything you need is available in the well appointed rooms which are extremely comfortable. They even offer a spa pool to ease aching limbs. Breakfast ranged from traditional Scottish to lighter options. I can highly recommend a stay at Distant Hills.
- Camila SB8/25/2023 - GoogleDani and Cameron are the most friendly people I have encountered in Scotland. They are amazing and made sure we were at home.The place is beautiful, well decorated and smelled good.The love and care they put into the stays are definitely noted.Cam's pancakes are a must try! 😋
- Camila8/25/2023 - BookingDidn't want to leave ❤️ 😀 - I loved everything and didn't want to leave! Dani and Cam are the nicest people we met in Scotland. The location is key to go to many places around, the facilities are amazing, the decor feels like home. The room is beautiful and smells great. The love and care they have for their guests is really well noticed and i cannot wait to come back already. Ah! Cam's pancakes are a must try 😋 😞 - Absolutely nothing!
- Marta8/23/2023 - BookingExceptional 😀 - La struttura è molto bella e accogliente. Le stanze, le zone comuni ed il giardino sono molto curati in ogni dettaglio. La camera ha il bagno in camera "scomposto" (locale wc, locale doccia, lavandino in camera) come previsto in molti posti al di fuori dell'Italia, nonostante ciò tutto funzionale e pulito. La colazione è ottima ed è possibile scegliere il menù la sera prima. Gli host Dani e Cameron sono molto cordiali e attenti, disponibili per ogni necessità (abbiamo avuto un piccolo inconveniente personale e sono stati subito disposti ad aiutarci). La posizione è comoda per raggiungere in auto le principali attrazioni della zona (Ben Nevis, Glencoe, Fort William). 😞 - Nulla.
- Dave Peel8/19/2023 - GoogleThe best Bed and Breakfast I have ever stayed in - immaculately clean, fantastic facilities and hosts who make you feel like you are at home. The honesty bar is a real bonus and the breakfasts were fresh, wholesome and tasty. Thanks Danni and Cam for making our stay a very memorable one.
- Doreen8/17/2023 - BookingLieber Cameron, liebe Dani, wir haben uns bei euch sehr wohlgefühlt und kommen sehr gerne wieder. 😀 - Herzliches Willkommen, gemütliche Lounge mit Bar, die zum Verweilen einlädt und eine Gelegenheit bietet, mit anderen Gästen ins Gespräch zu kommen. Wunderschöner und gepflegter Garten mit Terrasse und Jacuzzi, was wir nach einem anstrengenden Reisetag gerne genutzt haben. 🙂 Sehr gemütliche und saubere Zimmer und super ausgestattetes Bad. Dani hat uns ein liebevoll angerichtetes und sehr leckeres Frühstück serviert. Vielen lieben Dank dafür.
- Elizabeth8/15/2023 - BookingExceptional 😀 - Warm welcome; good regional advice from hosts; very quiet location; fine position for driving or walking into Highlands and islands; well-cooked breakfasts to start the day and a good bar featuring local beers and whisky for those who want a dram. Particular mention, a very kind response by the hosts to helping another guest. 😞 - No faults.
- Juani8/11/2023 - BookingUn lugar perfecto. 😀 - Un alojamiento de diez. Todo detalle estaba perfectamente cuidado, absolutamente todo. El trato de los anfitriones fue ideal, nos hicieron sentir como en casa. Las instalaciones son maravillosas, para haber pasado más días, si hubiéramos tenido la oportunidad.a habitación, living room, el autoservicio, el desayuno… ¡todo ideal! Nos quedamos con muchas ganas de volver.
- Alain8/10/2023 - BookingBelle demeure dans une région très agréable 😀 - Les propriétaires sont extrêmement accueillants. Maison très bien décorée, salon à disposition avec même le bar à whisky en libre-service (payant tout de même). Jacuzzi dans le jardin parfait pour se reposer des randonnées dans les Glens 😞 - Chambre moyennement isolée phoniquement, nous entendions les voisins
- Manuel Delgado8/10/2023 - GoogleAnfitriones adorables. Servicio y desayuno exquisitos. Las habitaciones y el baño a juego con el gusto exquisito de los espacios interiores (dining y living room) y exteriores. Jardín de fantasía. Ubicación excelente. El mejor alojamiento en esta zona, sin duda.
- chretien caroline8/04/2023 - GoogleWe highly recommend this place.First, it’s a charming cosy nest decorated with good taste and we immediately felt like home when we arrived. Everything is very clean and so comfortable. Rooms are quiet and lovely, beds are comfortable. everything is at disposal even the access to the Jaccuzi which is really appreciable after a long day hiking or walking.Second, Cam and Dani are the perfect hosts, always smiling, with such great recommandation for dinners and places to see (even when we ask to see highland cows 😂). Their breakfast is amazing with fresh products.We were a bit sad to spend only 2 nights, their perfect little nest worth definitely to come.
- Sergio7/26/2023 - BookingMejor que en casa. 😀 - Que grandes Cameron y Dany!! Grandísimos anfitriones. El alojamiento perfecto, cómodo, acogedor y muy práctico. Los desayunos DELICIOSOS 😉 y el emplazamiento ideal para dar un salto a la Isla de Sky o hacer senderismo por paisajes espectaculares. Después, por la tarde, puedes disfrutar de una cerveza o un whiskey en el salón o en su jardín. 😞 - No poder quedarnos más días.
- Yanzhe Feng7/22/2023 - GoogleIt was really a great experience staying in this guest house with quiet neighborhood and fantastic decorations in the room. Everything is clean and well-organized. Dani and Cameron are very warm-hearted and welcoming. There are plenty of choices for breakfast as well. Overall it’s a flawless place to stay!
- Peter Andersen7/20/2023 - GoogleAs bed and breakfast goes, this one just is above anything i have tried.From the first call and all through the stay the service is beyond awesome.Rooms are small but beautiful.The living room is super cosy.And the food is perfect.The only bad thing is that we have to leaveHighly recommend
- Jessica LaFlamme7/20/2023 - GoogleI stayed at Distant Hills Guest House in early May of this year and absolutely loved it. The bed and breakfast was spotless and tastefully decorated, the room was comfortable, the back yard was gorgeous, the food was delicious, but most importantly the hosts were so warm and welcoming. Dani and Cameron are truly lovely, warm-hearted people. I was in Scotland to walk the Great Glen Way and Distant Hills was by far my favorite stop along the way. I highly recommend!
- Vikki Canfield7/20/2023 - GoogleWe stayed here for two nights on our trip exploring the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Dani and Cameron have established a comfortable warm and welcoming environment.The lounge area was a great place to socialize and breakfast was delicious. We were given great suggestions for activities and dinner dining. The rooms were comfortable but slightly small. We did not spend much time there except to sleep so it didn’t really matter. The hot tub was great on a cool day. Everything was immaculately clean.
- Carsten7/20/2023 - BookingSuperb 😀 - The 2 owners Dani and Cameron is the Best hosts we have ever met. They are very helpful and they do everything to make sure you have the best stay. Breakfast was perfect. Room was nice. There was a small bar with local beer gin whisky and wine. Nice comfort beds. Lovely garden we could use. 😞 - Nothing. Absolutly nothing.....
- Katja7/19/2023 - BookingEin 10+++ Aufenthalt! 😀 - Ich weiß nicht genau, wo ich anfangen soll! Das ganze Haus ist sehr schön! Das Zimmer und das Badezimmer sind sehr schön eingerichtet! Im Wohnraum, der für die Gäste zur Verfügung steht, stehen Getränke zum angemessenem Preis bereit. Das Frühstück ist super lecker! Die Freundlichkeit von Cameron und Dani ist umwerfend! 😞 - Es gibt nichts, was schlecht war!
- Dominik7/17/2023 - BookingOne of the best accommodations we have ever experienced! 😀 - The hosts were very friendly. As a guest you can tell that they love what they do. They take the time to answer questions and have lovingly furnished the rooms with an eye for detail. The breakfast is prepared with a lot of love. A very exceptionally great place to stay and definitely one of the few that stay in my memory for a long time and which I can warmly recommend. I rarely write reviews online. I have never explicitly rated an accommodation. Here it is important to me to share my extremely positive experience. Thank you for the great stay and the great tips!
- Johanna7/16/2023 - BookingLovely stay at Distant Hills Guest House 😀 - This was honestly one of the loveliest guesthouses I have ever visited. The hosts created an exceptionally friendly, warm and welcoming atmosphere, and they seem to run the place with big hearts. It felt like coming home. We had a beautiful room with luxurious beds. Everything was very clean, and there was quiet during the night. There was a very nicely decorated and spacious lounge with a bar for guests. And a lovely and peaceful garden. It was possible to make tea in the room. The breakfast was excellent. Probably the best pancakes I have ever eaten. Location is excellent. We also got lovely recommendations for places in the nature to visit, and got the spend the evening swimming under the Eas Chia-Aig waterfall and in beautiful Loch Arkaig. Thank you so much for this lovely stay! 😞 - I cannot think of anything that could have been better.
- Peter Andersen7/15/2023 - TripAdvisorAmazing service From the first meeting with this place you know this is special The rooms are fine and everything is up to standard, but the service is just out of this world. You really feel at home right away..our biggest regret is that we have to leave again Highly recommend
- Carole7/14/2023 - BookingSuperb. Highly recommended. 😀 - Everything. Excellent accomm & facilities. Lovely hosts. Enjoyed the wonderful hot tub.. beautiful garden. comfortable lounge for guests use. Worthy 4 in a bed winners. Very happy to recommend 😞 - Liked everything. (A note to oncoming visitors.. accomm is on main road (Sat Nav sent me up a lane opposite to other houses & had to ask directions.. )
- Paul Ashley7/11/2023 - GoogleStopped here with my brother when walking the great glen way for one night. All I can do is repeat all the other good reviews. The hosts made us very welcome. If I'm up that way again with my wife it would be the first place I'd look to stay. By the way, I watched their four in a bed episode and I can only say the place is even better now.
- Ioana Buzoianu7/10/2023 - GoogleEasily the best B&B I've ever stayed in. We arrived late at night, check-in was seamless, rooms super comfortable and had the best night sleep ever! Our hosts Dani and Cam took good care of us, making breakfast and giving us suggestions for hiking trails. Their hospitality is next level, it feels like you're staying with good friends. You can tell they put so much effort in making guests feel at home, I'm blown away! Do not miss this place if you're spending time in Scotland!
- Mark Smith7/05/2023 - GoogleAbove fantastic for a beautiful run B&B it’s the best, cleanest, nicest place I’ve ever had the pleasure of staying at.The hosts Cameron & Dani are both very friendly and polite and go above and beyond to help guests with their holidays.If I could give 10 stars I would as 5 just isn’t enough!
- emilebaudot7/02/2023 - TripAdvisorANOTHER TOP QUALITY STAY Distant Hills is a truly fabulous and well placed B&B, fully deserving a five star rating. We stayed three nights over two separate visits in June 2023, and on both occasions we received nothing short of a warm, genuine welcome from Cameron & Dani. The accommodation is cosy, spotlessly clean, and well maintained. The rooms were provisioned and serviced to the highest standard and every effort was made to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was immaculate & well maintained. There were no issues with the room's TV and other facilities.Our hosts worked unbelievably hard to make our return visit a pleasant & memorable experience. The generous breakfast was exceptional; prepared fresh, using excellent local produce & presented with much care and attention. The guest lounge is cosy, very comfortable and there were no issues with WiFi. In short - a tremendous stay on all fronts. Dani & Cameron's total commitment to their guests' continues to shine through. We will return and certainly have NO hesitation in recommending Distant Hills to... read moreDistant Hills is a truly fabulous and well placed B&B, fully deserving a five star rating. We stayed three nights over two separate visits in June 2023, and on both occasions we received nothing short of a warm, genuine welcome from Cameron & Dani. The accommodation is cosy, spotlessly clean, and well maintained. The rooms were provisioned and serviced to the highest standard and every effort was made to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was immaculate & well maintained. There were no issues with the room's TV and other facilities.Our hosts worked unbelievably hard to make our return visit a pleasant & memorable experience. The generous breakfast was exceptional; prepared fresh, using excellent local produce & presented with much care and attention. The guest lounge is cosy, very comfortable and there were no issues with WiFi. In short - a tremendous stay on all fronts. Dani & Cameron's total commitment to their guests' continues to shine through. We will return and certainly have NO hesitation in recommending Distant Hills to ALL fellow travellers/adventure seekers/holiday makers. Once again - a huge THANK YOU to you both - Dani & Cameron. Best WishesPaul & Jackie read less
- Michael S6/30/2023 - TripAdvisorFantastisk søde og hjælpsomme værter - og et dejligt værelse Fantastisk søde og ekstremt hjælpsomme værter, dejlige værelser og virkeligt god morgenmad. Vi fik også en madpakke med til dagens etape på vandrestien Great Glen Road samt et lift op til hvor ruten starter. Vi var i gode hænder fra ankomst til afgang, og her bor vi meget gerne en anden gang.
- Gab Wer6/26/2023 - GoogleThank you,Dani and Cameron, for the warm welcome! You are so friendly and interested to make the stay of your guests extraordinary. The breakfast is so delicious with best ingredients. The area is absolutely calm, the parking spacious and train station, supermarket, pharmacy can be reached by foot. Highly recommended!
- Anita6/20/2023 - BookingA perfect BnB, just exceptional 😀 - Everything! the owners go out of their way to make your stay perfect. There is a lovely common room with a bar for guests. The property is beautifully decorated. The property has more amenities than most hotels. 😞 - everything is perfect
- Andrew6/19/2023 - BookingExceptional 😀 - The entire house was clean and tastefully decorated. we were very comfortable. The host and hostess were very friendly and nice. 😞 - Watch out for midges when you go to get in your car in the early morning. They can get in the car and bother you for a long time.
- Dominique6/19/2023 - BookingWürde jederzeit wiederkommen und dann auch länger bleiben! 😀 - Direkt vom ersten Moment beim treffen mit den Gastgebern fühlt man sich hier Pudelwohl. So Herzensgute Menschen und trotzdem in keinster weise Aufdringlich. Ausstattung und Komfort waren nicht zu beanstanden gefolgt von einem sehr leckeren Frühstück. 😞 - Die Zimmer bzw Betten waren in Wirklichkeit etwas kleiner als auf den Bildern zu sehen.
- Oliver6/18/2023 - BookingPerfektes B&B mit super freundlichen Gastgebern und toller Einrichtung mit viel Komfort. 😀 - Sehr engagierte Gastgeber, die ihr Haus mit viel Liebe und Begeisterung führen. Cooler Hot Tub, perfektes Frühstück, tolle Einrichtung. Hilfreiche Informationen zur Umgebung. Super Mini Bar im Aufenthaltsraum mit lokalen Biersorten. Es hat uns an nichts gefehlt und wir haben uns sehr wohl gefühlt.
- Nick H6/15/2023 - TripAdvisorAn overnight oasis on my walk along the East Highland Way This is an amazing location in every way. A spectacular setting and a beautifully laid out room that made me feel most comfortable. The hosts were amazing, making every aspect of my stay special, and a Guest House that I will most certainly be returning to.
- Christiane6/09/2023 - BookingSehr angenehme Unterkunft 😀 - Sehr freundliche Gastgeber mit guten Tipps für Ausflüge - gehen auf alle Gäste individuell ein ohne aufdringlich zu sein. Tolles Frühstück. Schöner Garten. Lage ideal für Ausflüge. 😞 - Der Ort Spean Bridge ist leider sehr schmucklos. Die Zimmer sind sehr hellhörig. Es roch extrem nach Reinigungsmitteln.
- lwgrillo6/07/2023 - TripAdvisorWarm, welcoming and comfortable, great breakfast and a hot tub! Dani and Cam have created a lovely B & B at Distant Hills. Dani and Cam were very warm and welcoming, and the inn is modern and clean, with some great amenities. We particularly enjoyed the guest lounge, garden, and hot tub. They offered drinks and snacks in the lounge (on the honor system) and breakfast was generous and delicious. We had Cam’s granny’s pancakes, and they were yummy. The rooms are compact, but you have everything you need, and they are immaculately clean, and the bed was comfy. They even provided washcloths which I appreciated. (Not many hotels and inns in Scotland had washcloths!) We came by bus from Ft. William and walked about 10 minutes to get there. In the morning, Dani recommended a short walk before we had to catch the train onward. It was delightful stay.
- Liz M6/04/2023 - TripAdvisorBeautiful Guest House We had a three night stay in this beautiful guest house and it really was a wonderful experience. The hosts Dani & Camerson were very professional and on top of everything but also extremely friendly and welcoming and soon made us feel at home. Nothing was too much trouble. Before our arrival they provided us with lots of information of the area and of popular places to eat which meant we could book our restaurants beforehand. The Old Station was delicious and just a 10 minute walk from the accommodation. Our bedroom, as was the whole setting, was immaculate and very comfortable. There was also a nice comfortable lounge area to relax in with a well stocked bar, which you could help yourself and just note down what you've had. The garden is lovely and spacious and well maintained with an added bonus of a lovely hot tub. The breakfasts were delicious with plenty of choice. The area is beautiful too. We did not want to leave!
- Adriana Tomie6/02/2023 - GoogleI spent 6 nights at Distant Hills with 3 girlfriends and had a great time. Beds comfy, breakfast delicious and nutricious. And the hot tub was a treat. The hosts were the best, very accommodating to our needs and went above and beyond providing us with hiking and transport info. Highly recommend staying at Distant Hills.
- Simon6/02/2023 - BookingFantastic hosts and property. 😀 - The moment we turned up and were greeted by Cameron we were hooked on Distant Hills. He took us through to their amazing garden, where we checked in, having a lengthy chat about the surrounding area and numerous activities on their doorstep. The room was very clean, with a lovely big comfy bed and all the amenities you need. The garden really is beautiful, with a hot tub if you fancy it, and a number of seating areas too. There is also a lounge with honesty bar, which we used and is definitely an added bonus. Breakfast was fantastic, whilst Cameron was cooking in the kitchen, Dani was an amazing host, who was full of knowledge about the places we were going to visit. Cameron and Dani really do take pride in what they do and work fantastic as a team! We will definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend this beautiful bed and breakfast to anyone. 😞 - Leaving 🙂
- Simon6/02/2023 - TripAdvisorFantastic hosts and property. 😀 - The moment we turned up and were greeted by Cameron we were hooked on Distant Hills. He took us through to their amazing garden, where we checked in, having a lengthy chat about the surrounding area and numerous activities on their doorstep. The room was very clean, with a lovely big comfy bed and all the amenities you need. The garden really is beautiful, with a hot tub if you fancy it, and a number of seating areas too. There is also a lounge with honesty bar, which we used and is definitely an added bonus. Breakfast was fantastic, whilst Cameron was cooking in the kitchen, Dani was an amazing host, who was full of knowledge about the places we were going to visit. Cameron and Dani really do take pride in what they do and work fantastic as a team! We will definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend this beautiful bed and breakfast to anyone. 😞 - Leaving 🙂
- Lorie6/02/2023 - GoogleThree weeks in Scotland and this was, by far, the best home away from home. Dani and Cam are the perfect hosts. We were made to feel that during our stay this was our home and to enjoy every bit of it. The backyard was an oasis after a full day of hiking. The hot tub was an added pleasure. I cannot say enough and would highly recommend this guesthouse. We met so many lovely people every night in the lounge and swapped stories of our days in the Highlands. Breakfast was superb and don't leave without trying Cam's famous pancakes! The wee burn at the edge of the property was perfect and rounded out the peaceful setting for me. 5+ stars for Distant Hills.
- Amanda Brindley5/31/2023 - GoogleDani and Cameron were amazingly welcoming! This was a wonderful spot for exploring Fort William and taking the Jacobite Express. The room was small, but efficiently designed and they provided charging adapters along with tea and coffee. The honesty bar was a great highlight as was the hot tub! Breakfast was delicious and I can't say enough good things about the owners! The only downside is that we only stayed here for one night.
- Marion Smith5/31/2023 - GoogleQuite simply, it's the best B&B I've ever stayed in !Dani & Cameron are so welcoming & friendly when you arrive, then you are shown round the lovely sitting room area with a lovely, tasteful honesty bar, then your room - they are all so well decorated, well thought out and immaculately clean. Their garden is also a tranquil place to relax in plus it has a lovely hot tub to relax in even more !Their breakfasts are absolutely brilliant, with perfect presentation - especially the fabulous butter portions - and the friendly chat with Dani & Cam are the best start to your day !Their hospitality is really second to none, they make you feel like a friend !They can also help you plan walking and cycling trips in the area, including packed lunches.Their email information about Distant Hills location, check in times etc are so helpful and informative about local restaurants & activities etc, it made my trips much easier to plan.What's not to love about Distant Hills, I would book in now before it's too late !
- Paul Williamson5/31/2023 - GoogleThank you Cameron & Dani for a wonderful stay at Distant Hills. A warm welcome, well thought out rooms with lovely little touches we appreciated. Beautiful lounge area, delicious generous breakfast. Honestly a perfect B&B. Will return.Thank you both, Regards Paul & Rod.
- Martin Y5/30/2023 - TripAdvisorawesome Holiday We booked a stay for one week after my wife saw the four in a bed programme on Television. We have to agree with all the other reviews this has to be the best guest house we have stayed in by far. Danni and Cameron were most welcoming from the time of booking until we arrived and throughout our stay. We were informed of the best eating places and best places to go travel/walk and easiest scenic routes to get there.The booking in process was exactly as we had been told and the welcome when we arrived made us feel at home. It’s not very often you have a welcome and chat in the sunshine in a wonderful back garden.The views from the Guest House were exceptional especially Ben Nevis which we had to do We were made to feel at home from the minute we arrived, everything about Distant Hills and the hosts are perfect.We will be coming back again sometime next year Maybe to climb Ben Nevis again
- Barbara5/28/2023 - BookingSehr gute Unterkunft 😀 - Das Frühstück - es gab nicht nur das typisch schottische Frühstück, sondern auch Pancakes! Die Gastgeber waren sehr freundlich und hilfsbereit. Der große Garten mit dem hot tub war auch sehr schön. 😞 - Zimmer und Bad nicht besonders groß, für uns war es aber ausreichend.
- Barbara5/28/2023 - TripAdvisorSehr gute Unterkunft 😀 - Das Frühstück - es gab nicht nur das typisch schottische Frühstück, sondern auch Pancakes! Die Gastgeber waren sehr freundlich und hilfsbereit. Der große Garten mit dem hot tub war auch sehr schön. 😞 - Zimmer und Bad nicht besonders groß, für uns war es aber ausreichend.
- Carl Chandler5/24/2023 - GoogleJani & Cameron very friendly and welcoming, excellent hosts. Room well appointed and very comfortable. Great nights sleep. Honesty bar a nice touch. Worth the visit just for Cam's breakfast pancakes!! Can't recommend the place highly enough. Great value for money.
- Lisa Akerele5/24/2023 - GoogleSimply the most welcoming, immaculate and quiet place to meet, relax and recover from a long day waking and exploring, nothing has been overlooked. The hot tub and honesty bar as extras not to mention both Dani and Cam’s knowledge of the area. Can’t wait to return. I wouldn’t hesitate to rebook.
- Douglas F5/23/2023 - TripAdvisorExcellent Guest House My wife and I stayed overnight at “Distant Hills Guest House” on our way to the Outer Hebrides; it is almost equidistant from Central Scotland to the ferry port of Uig on Skye so makes the ideal overnight location. Cameron and Danni have created a superb Guest House in every way. The location is peaceful with an extensive rear garden ideal for relaxing in after a journey. The welcome from Cameron and Dani is genuinely warm and engaging and it is clear they want to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The accommodation is first class; scrupulously clean, comfortable, warm and well appointed. The breakfast menu provides excellent choice for all and is cooked to perfection. In summary, “Distant Hills Guest House” is the “benchmark” to which other such establishments should aspire. We have no hesitation is recommending this Guest House and look forward to returning next year.
- Barbara5/20/2023 - BookingVery comfortable. Very welcoming. Smart sitting room/dining room. Excellent breakfast. 😀 - Breakfast was excellent. Very attractive dining room.Could walk to restaurant/bar in Spean Bridge. Enter. Plenty of parking space at property. Lovely large garden. Very welcoming hosts. 😞 - It was value for money. That is all anyone can ask for.
- Carl C5/20/2023 - TripAdvisorB & B par excellence..... Just an overnight stay while travelling the NC500 but brilliant. Dani & Cameron very welcoming & friendly. Excellent hosts. Room very well appointed, comfortable, great night's sleep. Well stocked honesty bar a nice touch. Superb breakfast, Comeron's breakfast pancakes are worth the visit alone. Can't recommend it highly enough. Great value for money ey.
- Barbara5/20/2023 - TripAdvisorVery comfortable. Very welcoming. Smart sitting room/dining room. Excellent breakfast. 😀 - Breakfast was excellent. Very attractive dining room.Could walk to restaurant/bar in Spean Bridge. Enter. Plenty of parking space at property. Lovely large garden. Very welcoming hosts. 😞 - It was value for money. That is all anyone can ask for.
- Pelisson5/19/2023 - TripAdvisorRecu comme dans la famille 😀 - Accueil de la maîtresse de maison exceptionnel. De plus Dany parle un petit peu français. Avec toujours une solution ( nous n avions pas réservé le restaurant) elle a fait jouer ses connaissances pour qu on nous accepte. Elle nous a proposé le jacuzzi . On peut boire un drink et on paie en toute confiance. Petit déjeuner choisi la veille avec plusieurs formule ( ecossais, œufs saumon, anglais ou des pancake) en plus du courant. Je recommande car la gentillesse et la disponibilité de Dany etcde son mari sont remarquables. Tres jolie décoration. Jardin superbe. 😞 - Rien à dire
- Pelisson5/19/2023 - BookingRecu comme dans la famille 😀 - Accueil de la maîtresse de maison exceptionnel. De plus Dany parle un petit peu français. Avec toujours une solution ( nous n avions pas réservé le restaurant) elle a fait jouer ses connaissances pour qu on nous accepte. Elle nous a proposé le jacuzzi . On peut boire un drink et on paie en toute confiance. Petit déjeuner choisi la veille avec plusieurs formule ( ecossais, œufs saumon, anglais ou des pancake) en plus du courant. Je recommande car la gentillesse et la disponibilité de Dany etcde son mari sont remarquables. Tres jolie décoration. Jardin superbe. 😞 - Rien à dire
- Sue Headington5/17/2023 - GoogleWe were made to feel very welcome nothing was too much trouble, Dani and Cameron are fabulous hosts. The hot tub was much needed after climbing Ben Nevis and the well stocked honesty bar went down really well. Delicious breakfast and lots of it. The whole experience was extremely well organised and home from home. Not that I will ever climb Ben Nevis again but would stay at Distant Hills.
- Debbie Slatter5/17/2023 - GoogleA wonderful stay with amazing hosts Cameron and Danni, with a hot tub in the garden made it even special after a long trek up Benn Nevis .Delicious breakfast every morning set us up for the day.Thanks once again Cam and Danni and keep up the great work you do for the rest of the season .Deb & Rob Slatter
- lukas k5/17/2023 - GoogleOnly stayed one night but this is a wonderful B&B, stylishly decorated, very clean place with a lovely garden and delicious breakfast. Hot Tub and licensed drinks bar was a great bonus after climbing Ben Nevis. Cameron and Dani were very friendly, helpful and welcoming hosts. Would highly recommend this place and we will definitely be back here in the future .
- Daniela Heinen5/17/2023 - GoogleDistant Hills Guest House is a beautiful place to holiday. Dani and Cameron are lovely and welcoming hosts. The breakfast was wonderful. The garden and the living room are great for relaxing and meeting fellow travellers. The location in Spean Bridge is perfect to explore the amazing scenery. We would love to return someday.
- John5/14/2023 - BookingCameron and Dani were welcoming and did very thing to make our stay memorable. 😀 - Immaculate, beautifully maintained and stylishly furnished and decorated. Attractive large garden with several seating areas, parasols and a hot tub. Excellent breakfasts and an honesty bar for drinks, comfortable lounge and attentive hosts made us want to return. 😞 - We liked everything!
- John5/14/2023 - TripAdvisorCameron and Dani were welcoming and did very thing to make our stay memorable. 😀 - Immaculate, beautifully maintained and stylishly furnished and decorated. Attractive large garden with several seating areas, parasols and a hot tub. Excellent breakfasts and an honesty bar for drinks, comfortable lounge and attentive hosts made us want to return. 😞 - We liked everything!
- TracyAncliff5/11/2023 - TripAdvisorBest welcome ever! What a fantastic place! We stayed here for one night as part of our Great Glen Way walking holiday and the welcome we received when we arrived was the best welcome we have ever had at any B&B!! Dani was great explaining everything and making sure we were settled in after our long days walk. Breakfast was lovely, another great welcome (Dani called everybody my name, a very nice personal touch) and the food was delicious. My husbands gluten free diet was catered for very well and great care was taken to ensure no cross contamination.Would highly recommend this for a stay and we hope to be back.
- Darrell Swain5/10/2023 - GoogleWe had the pleasure of a three night stay here just last week. It's without doubt right up there with the best accomodation we've ever stayed in, in every way. The standards throughout are exceptional. Dani & Cam are fab, work really hard, but remain the perfect hosts. I tried all the options at brekkie, & all of them were delish, especially Cam's pancakes. The hot tub is high spec & spotless, & the honesty bar & resident's lounge area is lovely. There is loads to do in the surrounding areas too. There are the obvious biking & walking options, but we also did the train from Spean Bridge to Mallaig, on the west coast (stunning), & had a fab seafood lunch there, & also did the Nevis Range cable car. There is something for everyone, we have loads we still want to do, & we will be back as soon as we can.
- Annette O5/08/2023 - TripAdvisorThe perfect hosts! We stayed one night whilst hiking the Great Glen Way - by far the best accommodation of our week! Cameron and Dani were such superb hosts, and their place is just immaculate. Every detail has been thought of and presentation throughout was lovely! The hot tub was an unexpected bonus, and very welcome for weary legs! Breakfast was superb (especially Cameron’s pancakes!) as was our packed lunch and, again, they just go to so much trouble to make your stay as perfect as possible. Would not hesitate to stay again and highly recommend! (Special shout out to “Martin” who provided some morning entertainment 😂”)
- Michele5/07/2023 - Bookingit felt like home away from home. camrin and Dani we so knowledgeable and eager to help. they love what they do and it s 😀 - we stayed at eight different locations on this 14 day trip. This one far exceeded and was the best compared to all others. We will be back. 😞 - the little thoughtful personal touches and extras. the garden, breakfast, decor, location, everything.
- Claudia5/06/2023 - BookingExceptional 😀 - Wir wurden sehr herzlich von den Gastgebern Dany und Cameron empfangen. Das Haus und der Garten ist ein Traum. Man sieht sofort, dass in diesem Haus sehr viel Herzblut steckt. Die Einrichtung ist sehr geschmackvoll mit viel Liebe zum Detail. Beim individuell zubereiteten Frühstück fühlte man sich wie im First-Class-Hotel. Der tolle gepflegte Garten hatte sogar einen Hot Tub. Schade, dass wir nur auf der Durchreise waren. Bei Dany und Cameron wären wir gerne länger zu Gast gewesen. Das Haus hätte 11 Punkte verdient! 😞 - Da gibt es rein gar nichts!
- Kirstin5/03/2023 - BookingSehr schöne Unterkunft in den schottischen Highlands ♥ 😀 - Wir waren leider nur eine Nacht im Distant Hills Guest House - man könnte es hier definitiv länger aushalten! Die Gastgeber sind wirklich unfassbar herzlich und man fühlt sich direkt willkommen und wird mit allen wichtigen Infos versorgt. Die ganze Unterkunft ist schön und gemütlich gestaltet. Es gibt einen Wohnbereich, den alle Gäste nutzen können und dort ist auch eine kleine Bar mit alkoholfreien, sowie alkoholischen Getränken, an denen sich jeder bedienen kann - bezahlt wird dann am Ende des Aufenthaltes (sehr faire Preise). Das Frühstück war sehr lecker und wird morgens frisch zubereitet - ich kann die Pancakes nur empfehlen 🙂 Unser Highlight war der Hot Tube ♥ Falls ihr hier übernachtet, reserviert euch einen Tisch im Restaurant "The Whispering Pine Lodge" - ist auch eine Empfehlung der Gastgeber vom Distant Hills - wir waren begeistert!
- Angela P5/02/2023 - TripAdvisorWonderful accommodation, food and scenery. Brilliant hosts ! Excellent facilities and food . We stayed B&B . Attention to detail was fantastic abd friendliness of our hosts just the icing on the cake ! They should run a school for wannabe B&B hosts to show them how it’s done !! Wonderful ! We hope to gone back
- Claire O'Driscoll5/02/2023 - GoogleCameron and Dani were excellent hosts in a great location half way to Isle of Skye from Edinburgh. Quick drive from Fort William. Exceptional breakfast in the morning and a hot tub for those who dare to venture to the garden! Good bed, excellent nights sleep before local hikes. Great recommendations from them on local restaurants for dinner too, one of the best meals we’ve had on our trip to the highlands!
- Steph G5/01/2023 - TripAdvisorWonderful Inn Stayed here a night as part of an Inn to Inn hiking vacation. Wonderful and gracious hosts. Great accommodations. Delicious breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay. We relaxed after dinner at the Old Station in the great room where they had plenty of drinks offerings. Would definitely recommend. Thank you for your hospitality!
- Jackie4/29/2023 - BookingPerfect !!! 😀 - Great location for walking & cycling, lovely hosts, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was cooked freshly every mooring & the licensed bar was nice for a pre dinner drink over looking the beautiful garden before going out to eat. The recommendations of the ‘whispering pines’ & ‘pine lodge’ were perfect, both with amazing views. 😞 - nothing to dislike
- Charlotte4/23/2023 - BookingUn séjour idyllique ! 😀 - Nos hôtes ont été particulièrement charmants et aux petits soins avec nous. La journée étant ensoleillée, nous avons pu profiter du jaccuzi, d'un apero dans le jardin et avons fait la connaissance d'autres résidents dans le salon commun autour d'un verre avec plaisir. La chambre est extrêmement confortable. Le petit déjeuner était délicieux, distingué et copieux. Nous avons dîné au restaurant Old Station selon les conseils de nos hôtes et avons passé une charmante soirée
- Ashley4/16/2023 - BookingExceptional location and welcome 😀 - Our stay couldn’t have been better. What a warm welcome from our hosts! The location is breathtaking and the room was immaculate! It is exceptionally decorated throughout the property with easy walking distance to local restaurants. The stay offers a hot tub, bar and a relaxing atmosphere. I could not recommend this property more and will most certainly be returning! 😞 - I have no dislikes at all.
- Stephen Dalziel4/16/2023 - TripAdvisorModerate Walking Week 9-15 April 2023 Our 4th visit, and 2nd walking holiday, at Distant Hills just completed A superb week starting with the usual friendly welcome from Dani and Cameron. That’s not just reserved for returning guests, newbies get a warm welcome too.If you haven’t been on a walking week before but enjoy good walks, good food in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere then I would highly recommend Distant Hills walking weeks. 4 days of walking, all with an experienced guide through stunning scenery. The great benefit of the guided walking is that changeable weather means walks are changed to suit conditions, sometimes on the day.Breakfasts as always were super, the honesty bar even more well stocked than last time. With views out the back to the grey Corries and the Ben, a perfect location.We are back again in August for sea kayaking, that was lost to the weather this time, and maybe the Ben. Planning to walk again next year.
- barbara h2/07/2023 - TripAdvisorautumn break We had seen this Bed and Breakfast on a tv programme and were impressed with what we saw.we stayed for one night on our way to Skye at the end of October 22We were not disappointed and had a lovely stay and have booked a return visit this year
- gilllynch202011/15/2022 - TripAdvisora Highland home from home Dani and Cameron are excellent hosts, friendly and very accommodating. They have a really good knowledge of the area and told us information which was helpful and useful for planning our days out and our evening eating out.The rooms are very well equipped with all you need for a night away. The beds are comfortable, the showers powerful and the wifi is strong. There is a residents' lounge with a bar and the opportunity to chill out in the hot tub in the garden.There is a great choice at breakfast, the pancakes are a special favourite. Our vegan daughter was happily satisfied.The B and B is in a great location. We managed a day trip through spectacular scenery to Skye and have also visited Invernes , Loch Ness and Fort William from here. The surrounding mountains and hills are spectacular and there are walks suited to all ages and abilities ( Dani and Cameron were good at advising us of what was suitable for us.)well worth a visit.
- Karen Watson11/06/2022 - GoogleWe stayed for 2 nights at Distant Hills.The house is beautiful, we felt very comfortable and settled from the get-go. Our booking was for a twin room, which we couldn't recall selecting, however, Dani offered to change us to a double without us asking, which we were very grateful of, it appeared to be no hassle.The room itself has everything you need, hairdryer and dressing table with chair for ladies (a must IMO), the ensuite was well equipped with plenty of towels (which happened to be the best towels we've ever had on holiday), plenty of toiletries should you need them, there are even cotton pads, buds and shower caps available.Our room looked onto the side garden which was just beautiful, lots of beautiful autumn colours and we could hear the wee waterfall trickling away when we opened the window, considering the house is on a road, there is absolutely no noise from the street heard anywhere in the house or when in the hot tub. The bed was so comfortable, and you are able to control the heating in your own room, which we liked.Breakfast - you pre-order breakfast... read moreWe stayed for 2 nights at Distant Hills.The house is beautiful, we felt very comfortable and settled from the get-go. Our booking was for a twin room, which we couldn't recall selecting, however, Dani offered to change us to a double without us asking, which we were very grateful of, it appeared to be no hassle.The room itself has everything you need, hairdryer and dressing table with chair for ladies (a must IMO), the ensuite was well equipped with plenty of towels (which happened to be the best towels we've ever had on holiday), plenty of toiletries should you need them, there are even cotton pads, buds and shower caps available.Our room looked onto the side garden which was just beautiful, lots of beautiful autumn colours and we could hear the wee waterfall trickling away when we opened the window, considering the house is on a road, there is absolutely no noise from the street heard anywhere in the house or when in the hot tub. The bed was so comfortable, and you are able to control the heating in your own room, which we liked.Breakfast - you pre-order breakfast the day before, there is an excellent selection to choose from, we opted for a cooked breakfast the first day and could have had cereal or yoghurt and fruit also, which we didn't. The cooked breakfast set us up for the day and we didn't even need lunch as we were still content with what we had. The following day I opted for the homemade pancakes, which were the best I've ever had (Cam makes these from scratch), my partner had a cooked breakfast again. Every little detail is thought of, down to the individual mini blocks of butter wrapped in greaseproof paper (so cute).We enjoyed time in the hot tub on both nights of our stay and loved it, it's well maintained, and the setting is picturesque, beautifully lit with fairy lights and the pergola with table and chairs is perfect for hanging your towel or sitting drinks, phone etc. We had rain on the first night and couldn't even notice it once we were in as it was so warm, it was such a luxury. Hot tub towels are provided for each guest, again a nice touch.We spent time in the communal lounge area on our last night and got to meet other guests which was lovely. The honesty bar was a hit with all as it appeared to have everything that was needed. You pay for what you use on leaving.The hosts Dani and Cam couldn't do enough for us, but also gave the guests space and privacy. At breakfast they are so attentive and have tons of local knowledge and were able to give us recommendations for dinner and for walks nearby, which we appreciated.Our recommendation to fellow travellers is to dine at the Whispering Pine Lodge, we enjoyed our meal very much, as did other guests we spoke to. Also, visit the Commando Memorial which is a short drive or walk from the house, worth a visit if you enjoy history, but also for the uninterrupted views of the Nevis Range.Dani told us that Distant Hills is often used as a stopover for travellers heading to or from Skye, but I can honestly say I would go back and stay 2 or more nights again, as we managed to do lots nearby and still enjoy the house.In just one day, we managed to go to the Highland Wildlife Park, Culloden Battlefield, Clava Cairns, Loch Ness and other wee pit stops on the road back to the house. There are so many spots for those who love photography or just to admire the Scottish scenery.Our overall experience was perfect, and we will definitely stay again. Can't recommend it highly enough. The hosts definitely made it for us. read less
- Pam L10/30/2022 - TripAdvisorHome from Home Had an amazing 2 nights at Distant Hills Guest house. Dani and Cameron are the most delightful friendly hosts. Made us feel incredibly welcome. Tasty breakfast, nice relaxing guest lounge and hot tub was a real bonus. Bedroom was very comfy and had everything we needed. Keep up the good work guys.
- Steven Richardson10/30/2022 - GoogleHad a great stay with Dani and Cameron who are lovely hosts. The bedroom was warm and cozy and tastefully decorated as was the lounge. The breakfast was amazing especially Cameron’s porridge and pancakes! Ideally located for climbing the nearby Munros and some great restaurants nearby. I will be back on my next Munro mission.
- Diane10/16/2022 - BookingA relaxing stay in a beautiful location with wonderful hosts. 😀 - The hosts Dani and Cameron were so very friendly and accommodating which created a lovely relaxed atmosphere amongst all the guests. The room was well thought out with welcome small touches such as a multi plug adaptor on the bedside table thereby avoiding the usual inconvenience of having phones on charge in various sockets around the room! The breakfast was delicious and good quality local produce was used. 😞 - Nothing.
- Thomas Maguire10/13/2022 - GoogleRecently returned from a 3 night stay at Distant Hills Guest House , WoW what a fantastic place Cameron and Dani run, there is nothing you could fault this place for, the bedroom and residents lounge were fantastic , breakfast was great everything about this house is just 5 Star, Cameron and Dani are so warm and friendly nothing is a bother, thanks for a great stay on my 70th birthday thanks .
- Garry Cox10/07/2022 - GoogleHi guys this guest house is defo a 10 out of 10 for everything comfort friendliness and smartness, Cam and Danni are very good brilliant hosts they made us feel very welcome and was so friendly and gave us tips where to go for days out etc , myself and partner Mel really loved it at distant hills 👍 so relaxing n chilled environment , the honesty bar is ace (soz kids didn't mean to have so much 😁😁) the food is brill I just wished we stopped longer it was our 1st time in Scotland and was not disappointed .THANK YOU Danni and Cam for looking after us on such a lovely few days , We defo recommend Distant Hills don't go no where else Me and Mad Mel will see you again guys all our love Gaz and Mel we will defo use you guys again 10 out 10 👍👍👍👍👍
- Leah Sharkey10/07/2022 - GoogleOur first trip to Scotland and the highlands, and Dani and Cameron were the best hosts anyone could hope for. If you’re thinking of travelling for business, leisure or for any other reason, please ensure you go to Distant Hills guesthouse in Spean Bridge! It’s the home from home, you never knew you had! We can’t wait to come back again next year!
- Grace Buckley10/07/2022 - GoogleWonderful accommodation. Dani and Cameron are fantastic friendly hosts who really enjoy getting to know their guests and improve their stay. We arrived without anything planned for our day and Dani took the time to help us plan a great itinerary for the day. Great location too, with lots of good sightseeing around. Delicious breakfast options as well.
- Madison Lane10/07/2022 - GoogleI stayed at Distant Hills my very first night in the Highlands, and could not have asked for a more welcoming introduction. Dani and Cameron were kind and accommodating every step of the way - from providing pre-arrival tips and suggestions (because of their suggestion I also took an archery lesson up the road during my afternoon there!), to being greeted with smiles and anything I could possibly need the moment I walked in the door, to an above and beyond breakfast that really made me feel like I mattered to them as a human, not just a faceless paying customer. They were eager to provide - be it suggestions, comforts, or friendly conversation. I would emphatically recommend Distant Hills to anyone and everyone, hands down.
- Laura Patience10/07/2022 - GoogleStayed for one night while walking the Great Glen Way. Dani and Cameron are lovely hosts, so friendly and helpful and we really enjoyed our stay. The room was nice, breakfast delicious and having use of the garden in the sunshine was great after a day of walking! Highly recommended!
- Gordon W Bettany10/07/2022 - GoogleCameron and Dani made us welcome from the start, we had just finished a wonderful day, long in the planning, fantastic in the events and needed, comfort, warmth and a peaceful nights rest. We didn't arrive at Distant Hills until 10pm and to be honest were knackered, thankfully our hosts had been very thoughtful and the room was perfect, the comfortable bed sublime, we both had a great nights sleep and awoke to the gentle wafting smells from the kitchen. Our room was very well appointed with very thoughtful extra's, lots of detail and the bathroom excellent. After chatting with Cameron and Dani, we sat down to a gorgeous breakfast which we ate at leisure and when ready packed and hit the road. Were will definitely return and recommend Distant Hills Guest House to anyone travelling in the area.
- Slam J10/05/2022 - TripAdvisorNumber one, de toute évidence Mais quel accueil incroyable ! Dani nous a rendu immédiatement le sourire après sept heures de marche ! Nulle part ailleurs nous n'avons été accueillis aussi chaleureusement. Dani connaissait déjà nos prénoms. L'endroit est magnifique, décoré avec beaucoup de bon goût. Les chambres sont très propres et confortables. Le salon avec minibar "à la confiance" est très agréable. Nous n'avons pas pu profiter du jacuzzi, faute de maillots. Le breakfast à la carte est excellent. Nos hôtes ont été exceptionnels et très serviables : ils nous ont réservé un restaurant in extremis, à deux pas de là, nous ont proposé un lunch pour la randonnée du lendemain et nous ont amené au départ pour nous faire économiser les 6km Inutiles le long de la route. Cet endroit mérite sa place de numéro 1.
- Colin10/04/2022 - BookingExceptional B&B 😀 - We had a wonderful stay with the best hosts ever - they are so kind and welcoming! The property is spotless inside and out - everything from the common spaces, to the room, hot tub, and breakfast area were meticulously cared for by Dani and Cameron. They offer a variety of delicious local choices for breakfast and our stay was quiet, super comfortable, relaxing and accessible for great hiking. Would highly recommend this spot for anyone wanting a luxurious B&B stay. 😞 - Nothing - it's perfect!
- Gordon W B10/02/2022 - TripAdvisor"Practically perfect in every way, excellent" Cameron and Dani made us welcome from the start, we had just finished a wonderful day, long in the planning, fantastic in the events and needed, comfort, warmth and a peaceful nights rest. We didn't arrive at Distant Hills until 10pm and to be honest were knackered, thankfully our hosts had been very thoughtful and the room was perfect, the comfortable bed sublime, we both had a great nights sleep and awoke to the gentle wafting smells from the kitchen. Our room was very well appointed with very thoughtful extra's, lots of detail and the bathroom excellent. After chatting with Cameron and Dani, we sat down to a gorgeous breakfast which we ate at leisure and when ready packed and hit the road. Were will definitely return and recommend Distant Hills Guest House to anyone travelling in the area.
- ClaireButler9/28/2022 - TripAdvisorWarm and friendly welcome Stayed with my mum for 4 nights. Great room with everything we needed. Dani and Cameron were excellent hosts. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfast was delicious and Cameron's legendary pancakes were ......legendary. We were sad to leave and hope be visit again. Highly recommended.
- yvonandreanne9/22/2022 - TripAdvisorUne expérience fantastique En treck pour 8 jours, notre arrêt au Distant Hills pour un soir fut le meilleur hébergement de tout notre treck ! Un des meilleur B&B à vie. L'accueuil est exceptionnel, on se sent chez soi dès l'arrivée. La chambre est très belle et très bien équipée. La cour arriere (avec spa disponible) et le salon commun sont vraiment agréables, beaux endroits de détente. Offre des alcools à prix très corrects. Le meilleurs petit-déjeuners de notre voyage. Décidément, les propriétaires, Danny et Cameron sont des hôtes vraiement sympathiques à visiter. Andréanne et Yvon from Canada (thanks for the real maple sirop 😉
- Rita G9/18/2022 - TripAdvisorSimply brilliant Fantastic place, brilliant welcome from Cameron and Dani, and the breakfast was simply superb! I would recommend Distant Hills to anyone, you will not be disappointed. The only bad thing is that we were only there for one night, should have stayed longer!
- Uzor Kiraly9/18/2022 - TripAdvisorFantastic and cute We just finished the breakfast. Scramble egg with salmon… Amazing! Lovely accommodation. Everything nice, comfortable, clean. Owners Dani and Can are very nice. They pay attentions on details. Guest house has good location. I just can recommend to couples or family….
- McD_HU9/18/2022 - TripAdvisorTHE place to stay in Spean Bridge What can I say. Cam and Dani have the most amazing place in Spean Bridge, we rented out the whole place and were made very welcome from the very beginning. We’d read about the breakfast and they didn’t disappoint, 5 stars in every respect. Just wish we could have stayed longer. When we are back in the area there is no question we will be back at Distant Hills!
- Alberto Domingo9/07/2022 - GoogleEstupendo bed and breakfast cerca de Ben Nevis. Hemos estado muy a gusto. La habitación y el baño un poco pequeños, pero agradables y confortables. El desayuno muy abundante y bueno. Cameron y Dani fueron unos estupendos anfitriones, siempre dispuestos a dar un consejo con una sonrisa! Volveremos!
- Caron Hanna9/07/2022 - GoogleWe were on a driving holiday around the NC500. Spean Bridge is a great location, so many local tourist attractions. Dani and Cameron were great hosts in the Distant Hills Guest House. Lovely rooms, with very good facilities. A really tasty breakfast as well. We especially liked the guest lounge, very relaxing. It was a good way to get chatting to other guests. We will definitely be back to Distant Hills.
- Mike Wiltshire9/07/2022 - GoogleThis was a personal leisure visit. The hosts Danni and Cameron are excellent - the rooms are perfect, beds are loverly but mate your brekkies are out of this world, What a fantastic stay - we only stay up the road in Inverness but will be back 🙂 Goto the Stronlossit Inn for dinner in Roy Bridge - also very good and casual
- thomas digan9/07/2022 - GoogleOur first stay at Distant Hills but it wont be the last.From the genuine friendly welcome where nothing was too much trouble making sure we were comfortable, guest satisfaction was the number one priority from the start.Spotlessly clean,comfortable surroundings inside and out with complements to the chef.Would recommend a visit x
- Shandan Xoxo9/07/2022 - GoogleBrilliant location, amazing hosts, breakfast was fab really recommend. The room was modern, clean and cosy, the bathroom had soaps provided even make up remover wipes and nappy bags which is so thoughtful for feminine hygiene not many places provide that. The hot tub there was a fab experience even though it holds 14 people we got the hot tub to our selfs with a drink in hand was a lovely night away will definitely be back! 😊
- Emily9/07/2022 - BookingExcellent home from home stay 😀 - Exceptional hospitality at a beautiful and cosy home from home setting. Dani and Cam were very welcoming and helpful during our stay, the breakfast was superb, rooms very comfortable and all in all, it was one of the best places we stayed at during our visit. We would highly recommend staying here and look forward to returning in the future. 😞 - n/a
- Ann Morton9/07/2022 - GoogleMy sister in law and I stayed for one night in a twin room. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The little extras like the nice toiletries and the tunnocks tea cakes were very much appreciated. The hosts are lovely and very friendly. Breakfast was great with lots to choose from. The breakfast haggis was very nice. Definitely recommend Distant Hills if you are looking for accommodation at Spean Bridge.
- Rhisa Muse8/07/2022 - Google5/5 I would highly recommend this lovely spot if you are headed through Spean Bridge. The hosts, Danni and Cameron, went above and beyond for us. Our train was canceled which required we stay an extra few hours. They chatted with us and let us use relax in their beautiful backyard as we waited for our train.The rooms were great, but there is also a bonus living room area for the guests with access to a small bar and snacks (for purchase)…super useful as Spean Bridge is a very tiny town. Lastly, they have a hot tub which is great after a long hike.Oh & breakfast was delicious. Best one we had in Scotland!
- M. H.8/07/2022 - GoogleDani und Cameron sind herausragende Gastgeber! Durch ihre sehr freundliche Art fühlten wir uns vom ersten Moment an willkommen und wohl. Die Gästelounge ist sehr gemütlich und sehr liebevoll eingerichtet. Es hat uns sehr viel Spass gemacht mit den beiden zu schnacken :)Unser Zimmer war geschmackvoll eingerichtet und sauber. Das Bett war sehr bequem.Für unseren Geschmack hätte das Bad etwas größer sein können, dies tat unserem Wohlbefinden aber keinen Abbruch, es war vorallem sauber und sogar mit diversen Pflegeprodukten ausgestattet.Die absoluten Highlights waren die toll ausgestattete Honesty-Bar und der erstklassige Whirlpool in dem wunderschön angelegten Garten. Der perfekte Ort zum Entspannen!Für das Frühstück wird eine reichhaltige Auswahl geboten, so ist für jeden Geschmack etwas dabei. Wir hatten das Full Scottish Breakfast und die Pancakes. Beides war sehr lecker und frisch zubereitet und wurde immer mit einem netten Gespräch serviert.Wir haben unseren Aufenthalt bei Dani und Cameron sehr genossen und können das Distant Hills uneingeschränkt empfehlen. Preis Leistung sowie das Gesamtangebot sind absolut stimmig. Die Lage in Spean Bridge nahe dem Glen Nevis/Fort William macht das Guesthouse zum perfekten Ausgangspunkt für Entdeckungen aller Art. Wir werden, wenn wir das nächste... read moreDani und Cameron sind herausragende Gastgeber! Durch ihre sehr freundliche Art fühlten wir uns vom ersten Moment an willkommen und wohl. Die Gästelounge ist sehr gemütlich und sehr liebevoll eingerichtet. Es hat uns sehr viel Spass gemacht mit den beiden zu schnacken :)Unser Zimmer war geschmackvoll eingerichtet und sauber. Das Bett war sehr bequem.Für unseren Geschmack hätte das Bad etwas größer sein können, dies tat unserem Wohlbefinden aber keinen Abbruch, es war vorallem sauber und sogar mit diversen Pflegeprodukten ausgestattet.Die absoluten Highlights waren die toll ausgestattete Honesty-Bar und der erstklassige Whirlpool in dem wunderschön angelegten Garten. Der perfekte Ort zum Entspannen!Für das Frühstück wird eine reichhaltige Auswahl geboten, so ist für jeden Geschmack etwas dabei. Wir hatten das Full Scottish Breakfast und die Pancakes. Beides war sehr lecker und frisch zubereitet und wurde immer mit einem netten Gespräch serviert.Wir haben unseren Aufenthalt bei Dani und Cameron sehr genossen und können das Distant Hills uneingeschränkt empfehlen. Preis Leistung sowie das Gesamtangebot sind absolut stimmig. Die Lage in Spean Bridge nahe dem Glen Nevis/Fort William macht das Guesthouse zum perfekten Ausgangspunkt für Entdeckungen aller Art. Wir werden, wenn wir das nächste Mal in dieser Gegend sind, nicht zögern bei Dani und Cameron zu übernachten! read less
- Nicola Norris8/07/2022 - GoogleSaw this on Four in a Bed & wanted to see if it was as good as it appeared to be on the programme. Result- if anything it was better, Dani & Cameron are the perfect hosts, nothing is too much trouble & they are a font of knowledge about the area and so willing to share this. Our room was immaculate, everything in there you could need, the breakfasts were perfectly cooked & there was plenty of food, the honesty bar is well stocked & although it rained for most of our trip we managed to use the hot tub which was the icing on the cake. I went to celebrate (belatedly) my 60th birthday and I couldn't have found a better place to do it. Thank you to you both.
- Alec Fraser8/07/2022 - GoogleStayed for just one night. Very comfortable and an excellent breakfast. Our room had all the facilities we would desire. The best one night stop in our tour round western mainland of Scotland. Cameron and Dani are very positive and helpful. Would recommend for one night or one week. They also provide hot tub and bicycle hire and guided walks
- Jen Murray8/07/2022 - GoogleWe had a lovely comfortable stay at Distant Hills. Cameron and Dani were perfect hosts, so kind and obliging. We only had a very short stay this time but hopefully we will come back for a longer stay next time.
- Denise Walker8/07/2022 - GoogleCameron and Dani are very special people, and they made our holiday!Thank you for the real sense of warmth (the hug) that you and your guest house exudes, the exceptional service, fantastic breakfasts, and being fantastic tourist guides. You are exceptional.
- Alexander Walker8/07/2022 - GoogleThis was our first trip to Scotland and Distant Hills is a great location to explore lots of areas, on the doorstep or short/long car rides away.Distant Hills itself is also great. Cameron and Dani are two of the nicest people you are likely to ever meet. They make you feel very welcome as soon as you walk in the door. They have lots of suggestions for what to do during your stay as their local knowledge is brilliant. Their enthusiasm is contiguous without being over the top or false. If you want to walk on flat ground, climb mountains, or sit in a cafe they can guide you to good places.The rooms are well designed and decorated nicely with very comfortable beds. The communal guest lounge with comfy sofas and honesty bar is also really comfortable and then there's the lovely garden to sit in as well as the hot tub.We stayed for three nights and had a different breakfast each morning and all were delicious with fresh local products.Really good value for money.Thank you Cameron and Dani, hospitality at hit's best
- Kim Barden8/07/2022 - GoogleDistant Hills is tidy and sparkling clean with beautiful decor. We ordered takeaway and took advantage of dining in their charming gardens. We enjoyed the wine, beer, and cider (from the honesty bar) with our meal. For our breakfast, there was a variety of options. We enjoyed the pancakes, smoked salmon & eggs, and the full Scottish breakfast. Dani and Cameron were wonderful hosts!
- Marion Campbell8/07/2022 - GoogleAs a group of six we stayed at Distant Hill , Our experience was one we won't forget thanks to the Dani and Cameron for being such fantastic hosts .the bedrooms spotless and well equipped. lounge is so comfortable and the honest bar well stocked and good prices. Breakfast was very good . Pancakes are fantastic ( ta Cameron )Lovely gardens with the use of a hot tub outside tables and chairs to sit and have a glass of wine , some local beer , coffee or tea .and watch the world go by in this lovely part of the country .Local restaurants are good and near byLots of lovely touches through out this made is so specialWe will return without a doubtThank you both from The six of us
- natasja jelsma7/07/2022 - GoogleForgot the text, after the 5 star rating! We visited Dani and Cam in 2019 and were hoping they would survive the covid period. And they did. The rooms are better, there is a hot tub which is great after a munro climb, the breakfast is still wonderful (the pancakes🤩) and they are both so full of energy and good spirits! At your service all the way! Love you guys 😊Natasja&Rob from Holland
- Becca Krensler7/07/2022 - GoogleWe had the most fantastic stay at Distant Hills. We were immediately greeted with warmth and hospitality. I left a not to let the hosts know that my husband and I were celebrating our honeymoon and we each received a glass of Prosecco upon arrival and Cameron helped us book reservations at a local restaurant since we hadn’t had a chance to call. Breakfast was also delicious! It was overall just a very sweet and relaxing place to spend our first night in Scotland. Thank you!!
- Norrie Robertson7/07/2022 - GoogleDistant Hills Guest House on Roy Bridge Road Spean Bridge is very easy to find. We were greeted by Cameron and he was very friendly and extremely helpful. The Honesty Bar is a super idea and we felt very relaxed and welcome.The room was beautifully clean with all you need plus a spotless ensuite too.Our room overlooked the rear well attended garden which is very inviting. Quiet too.As we were travelling to Ben Nevis this retreat was perfectly placed and a beautiful scenic short drive was enjoyed.Theres so much to see and do and we shall indeed return for a longer stay and have no problem recommending this beautifully and thoughtfully presented guest house to all our friends and family.To be honest, we have travelled extensively and this couple, Cameron and Dani, have attended to all our needs and Dani makes breakfast time so enjoyable.Her talents arent just culinary because she conversates in other languages. Food is terrific!They are in our opinion vastly underpriced for whats on offer and the idyllic surroundings and closeness to Fort William. We absolutely love the West Coast of Scotland and will be backAlmost forgot!!We... read moreDistant Hills Guest House on Roy Bridge Road Spean Bridge is very easy to find. We were greeted by Cameron and he was very friendly and extremely helpful. The Honesty Bar is a super idea and we felt very relaxed and welcome.The room was beautifully clean with all you need plus a spotless ensuite too.Our room overlooked the rear well attended garden which is very inviting. Quiet too.As we were travelling to Ben Nevis this retreat was perfectly placed and a beautiful scenic short drive was enjoyed.Theres so much to see and do and we shall indeed return for a longer stay and have no problem recommending this beautifully and thoughtfully presented guest house to all our friends and family.To be honest, we have travelled extensively and this couple, Cameron and Dani, have attended to all our needs and Dani makes breakfast time so enjoyable.Her talents arent just culinary because she conversates in other languages. Food is terrific!They are in our opinion vastly underpriced for whats on offer and the idyllic surroundings and closeness to Fort William. We absolutely love the West Coast of Scotland and will be backAlmost forgot!!We saw 2 herds of deer on way to Roy Glen, and the road is just across from Distant Hills Guest house..its a Passing places road but in excellent order considering location etc..hill walkers paridise on the doorstep.Thank you, Cameron and Dani. read less
- James Cragg7/07/2022 - GoogleDani and Cameron run a superb guesthouse!!! From the minute you walk in you are warmly welcomed and provided with lots of information to aid you in your stay - they are very knowledgeable of the local area. It is immaculately clean and the facilities are excellent. Breakfast is on another level.....I strongly recommend the salmon and scrambled eggs - absolutely delicious and the service is brilliant!! We shall definitely be visiting again, when we next travel north of the border!!! Thanks guys and see you soon!!
- David Bowen7/07/2022 - GoogleAn absolutely fantastic guest house! There is plenty of parking available for guests and the whole property is spotless. The bedrooms have all the necessary amenities and there is a lovely lounge area with an honesty bar. This includes ales from a local brewery, some spirits, wines, mixers, soft drinks and some snacks. There are also several seating areas in the well kept garden and a hot tub. The breakfasts are first class using high quality local ingredients. The location is also very good with lots of nearby places to visit. The hosts, Cameron and Dani, are superb. They go out of their way to make you feel at home and will do anything they can to help you. Very highly recommended, I will definitely be returning.
- Barbara Bowen7/07/2022 - GoogleDistant Hills is a very well maintained Guest House set in spacious grounds. It is an ideal place to stay if you are looking for quiet, peaceful surroundings within walking distance to the village, restaurants and amenities. Various visitor attractions are accessible by car such as Fort William, Loch Linnhe and Ben Nevis, along with many more! Dani and Cameron were perfect hosts, very helpful and informative, always happy to help and advise! Rooms are spotless, well equipped and have everything you need! Loved the good quality Scottish toiletries! There is a separate lounge and a well stocked honesty bar. Good choice of breakfast with all ingredients locally sourced. Cameron's full Scottish breakfast, excellent! We look forward to coming back and can see why they won 'Four in a Bed', well deserved!
- Tim Wade6/07/2022 - GoogleWow, wow, wow! What a great place to stay and be looked after. From the location, which is stunning, to the B&B which is clean, modern, welcoming and homely to the hosts Cam and Danni who are genuinely the most friendly and professional people you can meet to the amazing breakfast options!We visited Distant Hills for their Hard Walking Holiday, a 6 night stay with four days of guided walking in the spectacular Scottish Highlands with an amazing guide, Dave! Add to that their hearty Breakfasts, packed lunch, home made cake when you get back, and a evening meal and genuinely I didn't want to come home!What made this trip extra special were the people we shared the walking trip with, friendly, funny with a great sense of being part of a like minded group and all expertly held together by Danni and Cam who managed it with ease.If you like B&Bs, you like walking, you like relaxing then Distant Hills is for you.I'll definitely be going back 🙂
- Mark Hunter6/07/2022 - GoogleA fabulous find that I would thoroughly recommend.The first impression was that the guest house is immaculate. There was plenty of space to park at the front of the B & B.We were made to feel very welcome by the owners Danni & Cameron from the moment we arrived.The B & B is in walking distance to a few excellent dining options. We tried the Pine Hills resort on the first night which was 10/10. An excellent experience.The B & B is a short drive away from Ben Nevis, Nevis Ski Range, Glencoe, Kinlochleven Falls, Fortwilliam, Glenfinnian Viaduct etc. It is ideally situated for lots of outdoor activities.The breakfast was first class and the honesty bar was a great touch.The owners are clearly passionate about what they do which shows through in all of the subtle touches throughout the property. They have lots of experience of the local areas and give lots of advice on things to do.A 10/10 stay. Would 100% return.
- Nikesh Gudka6/07/2022 - GoogleDani and Cam were excellent hosts. We’ve never stayed at a guesthouse prior to this but the standard of the reviews meant it was hard to ignore. We were only guests for 2 nights but we really enjoyed our stay. Thanks to the both of you, hopefully we’ll stay with you again one day.
- Charles Mclelland6/07/2022 - GoogleNot enough stars here to rate this property. Warmly received by Cameron & Dani on our arrival as they welcomed us into there immaculate guest house. All facilities & services were excellent, room was spotless, gardens manicured to perfection & breakfast was amazing. Cameron & Dani answered any queries about local facilities & were enthusiastic when listening to our plans for our trip to Skye. Will be recommending Distant Hills to any friends or family travelling to the area & will certainly visit again on our next trip up the north west
- Chris M6/07/2022 - GoogleStaying with Cameron and Dani at Distant Hills Guest House was a complete pleasure. Very friendly hosts who made us very welcome and went above and beyond to ensure that we were happy. Our room was very well appointed and comfortable with ample tea and coffee making supplies. We also had the use of a large guest lounge with an honesty bar at very reasonable prices. The weather was good so we were able to enjoy the numerous seating areas in the immaculate garden. Made-to-order breakfast was superb and Cameron’s pancakes are to die for! Will we be back? Absolutely!
- Bobby Scott6/07/2022 - GoogleThis is one of the very best guest houses we have stayed in over our many years of travelling. Dani and Cameron were wonderful hosts and it was a pleasure to spend time with them. The rooms were immaculate, breakfast was superb, the service we received was first class and during our stay we felt we were friends rather than guests. As we enjoy our walk along the Great Glen Way the stay at Distant Hills will certainly be a memorable highlight of our trip. I cannot recommend this accommodation highly enough and if you are able to get a room there jump at the opportunity!
- Arlene Taylor Crossland6/07/2022 - GoogleDistant Hills what a little gem of a place.We chose this place based on such complimentary reviews and we weren't disappointed. Cameron and Dani such wonderful hosts. We were made so welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Room immaculate and so comfortable, breakfast absolutely delicious. Garden kept beautiful too with a little help from Martin who did a sterling job keeping the lawn trimmed😄.
- Gregory Price6/07/2022 - GoogleGreat stay at Distant Hills B&B in Spean Bridge on our recent trip to Scotland. The house and property are very well maintained with an amazing view looking out towards Ben Nevis. The location was a perfect stop over point on our drive from Edinburgh to Skye but with so many hiking and outdoor recreation opportunities we will definitely be staying longer on our next visit. We had a delicious cooked breakfast and there are several excellent restaurants nearby for dinner, including one in the village within easy walking distance. Dani and Cameron are lovely and gracious hosts who made us feel completely at home and comfortable and we look forward to seeing them again.
- Ann Redstone6/07/2022 - GoogleWe heard that Distant Hills were running guided moderate and hard walking weeks through their Facebook page and decided to book on the October hard week. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel more like family than guests; Cameron and Dani proved fantastic hosts. The walks were expertly planned and delivered by Dave and Gary, taking into account the conditions and groups ability. Overall the experience was superb and we will definitely be booking another holiday to Distant Hills in the future.
- Deborah Boschert-Davidson6/07/2022 - GoogleWonderful place to stay. Dani & Cameron are great host's and Cameron is an excellent cook. Worth staying the night just for breakfast. Clean with great lounge to socialize and close to restaurants. Looking forward to staying again. Deborah & Neil - Kentucky USA
- Hannah Wilson6/07/2022 - GoogleFantastic place to stay. Lovely hosts, perfect location, great rooms and brilliant breakfast. We stayed here to do the Jacobite and to go up Ben Nevis, perfect location for both, would highly recommend staying here. Some lovely restaurants within walking distance and just a short drive into Fort William. Amazing views.
- John Welburn6/07/2022 - GoogleDani and Cameron are wonderful hosts. Their hospitality is second to none. Their attention to detail and to their guests is outstanding. The breakfast is first class. We stayed for three days and would have to stayed longer had a room been availableThank you so much. John and Val
- jocelyn chong6/07/2022 - GoogleWe received a very warm welcome from Dani and Cameron even though we were late to check-in. The room is sparkling clean and equipped with all the essential. The breakfast was exceptional and in fact we are missing the breakfast since we left. Dani and Cameron have both been very helpful and check on us throughout our stay. We are also very thankful for the little surprise gift from them for our honeymoon celebration 🥰 The location is excellent for people who want to climb Ben Nevis and also to visit Fort William.
- emilebaudot6/07/2022 - GoogleDistant Hills is a truly fabulous and well placed B&B, fully deserving a five star rating. We stayed two nights during June 202, and on both occasions we received nothing short of a warm, genuine welcome from the owners - Cameron & Dani. The accommodation was cosy, spotlessly clean, and well maintained. The rooms were serviced to the highest standard and every effort was made to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The shower was immaculate & well maintained. Dani & Cameron were relaxed, friendly, energetic and certainly did everything they could to make our stay, a pleasant & memorable experience. The generous breakfast was exceptional; prepared fresh, using local produce & presented with much care and attention. The same can be said about the delicious platter available to gusted who wish to 'eat in'. The guest lounge was cosy, very comfortable and there were no issues with WiFi. In short - a tremendous stay on all fronts. We have NO problem recommending Distant Hills to all fellow travellers/adventure seekers/holiday makers.A huge THANK YOU to Dani & Cameron &... read moreDistant Hills is a truly fabulous and well placed B&B, fully deserving a five star rating. We stayed two nights during June 202, and on both occasions we received nothing short of a warm, genuine welcome from the owners - Cameron & Dani. The accommodation was cosy, spotlessly clean, and well maintained. The rooms were serviced to the highest standard and every effort was made to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The shower was immaculate & well maintained. Dani & Cameron were relaxed, friendly, energetic and certainly did everything they could to make our stay, a pleasant & memorable experience. The generous breakfast was exceptional; prepared fresh, using local produce & presented with much care and attention. The same can be said about the delicious platter available to gusted who wish to 'eat in'. The guest lounge was cosy, very comfortable and there were no issues with WiFi. In short - a tremendous stay on all fronts. We have NO problem recommending Distant Hills to all fellow travellers/adventure seekers/holiday makers.A huge THANK YOU to Dani & Cameron & Best Wishes read less
- Linda Inglis6/07/2022 - GoogleVery friendly and welcoming. Cameron and Dani could not have done more for us, they were approachable and extremely helpful. The room was beautiful and very clean. We were most impressed by the Covid measures in place and the friendly manner in which these were explained. This will most definitely be our go to Guest House when we come back to the area. Thank you very much for a lovely relaxing 4 night stay.
- FIT 666/07/2022 - GoogleA 5 * experience all the way! Dani and Cameron offer the very best guest experience possible and you are made to feel special and welcome in their beautiful home. From the high thread count, quality bed linen to Camerons world class breakfast pancakes, they really have considered all their guests needs. I really wanted to explore the local area and they generously took me hillwalking to Chia-Aig waterfalls - stunning!! Their hilarious humour, kind natures and a real want to make guests enjoy their stay makes Distant Hills a genuinely lovely place to rest your head for the night/week in Spean Bridge . Merci Dani and Cameron
- Sarah Gilman6/07/2022 - GoogleWe had a wonderful stay at Distant HIlls. Dani and Cameron are fantastic hosts, nothing is too much trouble, the accommodation is second to none and breakfast was amazing. We hired their E-bikes for the day and had a soak in the hot tub afterwards - just perfect!